Skip to main content

Why train tickets are so expensive

     Whenever you go on a cross-country train, it's usually expensive especially if it's luxurious. Well, if you want to know why they are so expensive I will tell you.

  First, they need to pay their hundreds of thousands of players so that's a big chunk of the money for workers.

  Second, they need to maintain the trains and the tracks. Take Amtrak as an example, they have millions of miles of track. And that's a lot of money for maintaining 300 million miles of track. Also, you have to think of the hundreds of trains they have.
 


  Also, the company needs some money for themselves or else they won't earn money. There are more factors but I will leave them for another post.

  So those are some of the factors. I hope you enjoyed the article and remember to check out some of our other posts.

  

Comments

  1. I sure do feel like traveling by train after reading your post.
    I believe that I have only experienced travel between states on the west coast, but I would love to travel across the whole country by train one day.
    Thank you!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The top 3 places to eat in Singapore

     Singapore is a melting pot of cultures. One of the ways it manifests itself is in the cuisine. If you're going to Singapore, you'll surely need to eat. Today, I'll be looking at 3 good restaurants and food courts which I think top the list when it comes to food.  3. Toast Box     This simple restaurant offers a wide range of Singapore delicacies like Laksa and Kaya dishes. It's reasonable and tastes really good.     2. The Glass Onion     This is another great place to eat. If you stay at Hotel Mi, which is right next to this restaurant, you will get a extra selection of food. But if you are just going into it even though you are not staying at the hotel, you can still order but not the same food for the people in the hotel. Anyway, this restaurant is worth going to again. 1. Ion Orchard Food Opera     In the Ion Orchard Food Opera, there are tons of stalls, each with something unique to offer. It's a paradise for food lov...

Cool ideas for stories and whatever

       Cool plots and ideas for stories and whatever       Stories can sometime be hard to write, especially when you have to come up with fresh ideas and plots and that stuff. In this article, I will give you the ideas and plots for a story that might be a bestseller someday. 1. Fantastic!      Fantasy is a common choice when making books so why not make a small paragraph about fantasy ideas. First, make some character’s like ogres, dragons, elves or dwarfs. Make them live peacefully but suddenly an enemy shows up and they have to defeat that person. The enemy will usually be a dragon, an army of orcs and goblins and so on. Finally, make the peaceful peoples win and if you want to set it up for the next book, maybe you could make the last page with a messenger that comes to the arch enemy that nobody knows about. The arch enemy should be ten times as big as the normal enemy. 2. Science Fiction!     A lot of people love a ...