Skip to main content

Why train tickets are so expensive

     Whenever you go on a cross-country train, it's usually expensive especially if it's luxurious. Well, if you want to know why they are so expensive I will tell you.

  First, they need to pay their hundreds of thousands of players so that's a big chunk of the money for workers.

  Second, they need to maintain the trains and the tracks. Take Amtrak as an example, they have millions of miles of track. And that's a lot of money for maintaining 300 million miles of track. Also, you have to think of the hundreds of trains they have.
 


  Also, the company needs some money for themselves or else they won't earn money. There are more factors but I will leave them for another post.

  So those are some of the factors. I hope you enjoyed the article and remember to check out some of our other posts.

  

Comments

  1. I sure do feel like traveling by train after reading your post.
    I believe that I have only experienced travel between states on the west coast, but I would love to travel across the whole country by train one day.
    Thank you!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment